Web Email to Fax

Thread: Web Email to Fax

Default Web Email to Fax

I have an html form on our web server that I want the client to fill in and upon submission of the form a fax will be sent rather than an email. I have a test account set up with a fax broadcasting company that has an SMTP API which allows email to fax, but I am having a tough time integrating with my web form and need your help.<BR> <BR>If I were simply going to submit this form to email, I would use CDONTS and would compile my code as follows:<BR> <BR>Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objCDO.To = sToEmail<BR>objCDO.From = sFrom<BR>objCDO.Subject = sTitle<BR>objCDO.Body = sBody<BR>objCDO.AttachFile sDocument<BR>objCDO.Send<BR>Set objCDO = Nothing<BR> <BR>The email to Fax service works by sending the email to faxnumber@serviceprovider.net, where fax number is the recipient&#039;s fax number. They require the use of their service commands to send the fax. For instance:<BR><BR>FAXToName: is the Recipient&#039;s Name<BR>FAXToOrg: is the destination Company<BR>FAXtoFax: is the destination fax telephone number<BR>etc....<BR><BR>How do you suppose I integrate this with CDONTs or am I completely on the wrong path here. They won&#039;t offer any programming help so I must turn to all of you.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help<BR><BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Kimberley Anderson<BR>

Default RE: Web Email to Fax

Well, with the broadcasting company I know you have to set the action of the email form to a page on the server<BR><BR>&#060;FORM ACTION ="www.broadcastingcompany.com/sendfax.asp"&#062;<BR><BR>Your company should provide you with this information, but you don&#039;t have to use the CDONTS object

Default The FAXToName and..

.. others, is that just in the Body of the e-mail?<BR><BR>If so, just build a string and assign that to the .Body property.