checkbox - from asp Form to database

Thread: checkbox - from asp Form to database

Default checkbox - from asp Form to database

I have a form with a few textboxes and a single checkbox. I can submit the data collected from the textboxes on the form to the database table no problem, but cant figure out how to collect data from the checkbox...obviously handling it the same way as the textboxes (see below) doesnt what do I do?? <BR><BR>objRSdesign.AddNew<BR>objRSdesign("design_ code") = Request.Form("cboDesignCode")<BR>objRSdesign("seis mic_zone") = Request.Form("cboSeismicZone")<BR><BR>objRSdesign( "expandable_design") = Request.Form("chkExpandable")<BR><BR>objRSdesign.U pdate

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, General

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading now.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Perhaps the only part of that FAQ that you *really* need, though, is this:<BR><BR>** QUOTE **<BR>However, one "feature" of checkboxes is that an unchecked checkbox produces no value in the Request.Form or Request.QueryString collections! So, the only way you can detect an unchecked box is to first know that it exists on the HTML page and then assume that if you don&#039;t see a value it wasn&#039;t checked.<BR>** UNQUOTE **<BR><BR>But if you need more than that, read all of that FAQ.<BR><BR><BR>