how to pass variable value of 1.asp to 3.asp

Thread: how to pass variable value of 1.asp to 3.asp

Default how to pass variable value of 1.asp to 3.asp

retriving variable values<BR><BR>NOTE: I CANNOT USE SESSIONS AND I DONT WANT TO USE SESSION.<BR>WITHOUT USING SESSIONS HOW CAN I DO THIS TASK.<BR><BR>i have 3 asp pages<BR><BR>1.asp<BR><BR>contains the form tag and the form fields...<BR><BR>2.asp<BR><BR>is the processing page..& showing results<BR><BR>it has a page 3.asp(has the functions for the layout of 2.asp) in the include section like:<BR><BR>&#060;!-- #include file="3.asp" --&#062;<BR><BR>i have to written programme like this...<BR><BR>the 2.asp will request the text fields of 1.asp and<BR>checks whether the value is there or not. if there is no<BR> redirects back to the 1.asp if it is there<BR>it should show results. the processing of showing results <BR>are stored in the function 3.asp as it is a page which<BR>contains all the layouts.<BR><BR>now....wat i want to do is: i want the value entered in 1.asp to be used in<BR>the function of 3.asp.<BR><BR>ALERT: I CANNOT USE SESSIONS. IF I USE SESSION VARIABLES I CAN EASILY DO IT<BR><BR>without using session can i retreive the value <BR>which in typed in the text field of 1.asp in a function in the <BR>page 3.asp<BR><BR>can anyone help how to do it please.<BR><BR>luv<BR>mickey<BR>

Gary Van Sluis Guest

Default RE: how to pass variable value of 1.asp to 3.asp

well, I understand that need to seperate business logic from presentation logic, but I dont understand why you dont do both on one page. It would be simpler but ... To you question, you can do a redirect and append your values into the querystring, if this is a problem, then you can make up a simple encription function to hide the value, I have used this many of times and someone recently posted an article on how you can do this. Or you can have page 2 use javascript:submit to handle the submission of your page, but first inserting the information into hidden field values, this would load a .asp page and very very quickly submit it to page3. the only draw back is you run into a bit of a back button problem, unless you are making a linear app then I would use that. Third option, very quickly write a .txt file or .whatever extension, then redirect with no querystring parameters and on page3 read the file and so on. There are a lot of other possibilities, let me know if any of these will work if not I will post other methods like cookies or something.