COM object/ASP/Recordset

Thread: COM object/ASP/Recordset

Zawaad Mahatey Guest

Default COM object/ASP/Recordset

I have a COM object method written in Delphi that returns a "packaged" Recordset as a OleVariant using a TDataSetProvider to "package" it.<BR>I need to access this Variant in ASP as a Recordset (using the recordset features, MoveNext, etc).<BR>I know the data is coming across, I can see it in Visual InterDEVs inspector.<BR>But I have no idea how to access it, the normal methods of accessing a recordset doesn&#039t work; ie: rsFunds("field")<BR>I am able to connect and access this Variant thru another Delphi client.<BR><BR>The commands I use in ASP are:<BR>Set obj = CreateObject("dbServer.dbServer")<BR>rs = obj.GetFunds(2)<BR><BR>I have the variant recordset in "rs", how do I use it.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR>Thanx!<BR>Zawaad

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default RE: COM object/ASP/Recordset

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m not familiar with Delphi development, but since I can&#039t find a reference to TDataSetProvider anywhere on MSDN or Microsoft, I&#039m going to guess this component isn&#039t returning an ADO Recordset.<BR><BR>Whatever concept of Recordset this COM server/exe is returning, it needs a &#039wrapper&#039 or to be re-written or have the recordset somehow marshalled into an ADO Recordset for you to be able to use it. I would consult a Delphi newsgroup, developer or the developer of the COM Server.<BR><BR>Richard