No read permission on TABLE

Thread: No read permission on TABLE

Default No read permission on TABLE

I am continuously getting the following error.<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e09&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record(s) can&#039t be read; no read permission on &#039BU&#039. <BR>I have just started to work on ASP and no idea how to fix this.<BR>I am trying to display data from the Access database. Of course the file is not read only.<BR><BR>Code:<BR>&#060;%<BR>set db=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")<BR>set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>db.op en "DSN=TechPhone"<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM PhoneBook"<BR>set rs=db.Execute(strSQL)<BR>rs.MoveFirst<BR>%&#062;<B R><BR>I wrote exactly the same code to connect to another Access database and it works fine. Does this error have to do with the Access file itself or the folder the file is stored on IIS?<BR><BR>Pls help me!

WebLeppard Guest

Default RE: No read permission on TABLE

Dunno if this is it; however, eliminate some things.<BR>What Version of Access is File 1 (one that works), file 2 (one that does not)? Is either one Access 2000? If so, that may be the issue. What versions are yer drivers - are they up to date? Access 2000 wants MDAC 2.1 see Microsoft at for MDAC information.<BR><BR> Do ya have access to the root of the server? If so, check all permissions in the directories. Put the non-working file in the same dir as the working one. It may be a permissions thing. I dunno if any of this will help - but it can&#039t hurt to try. At least you&#039ll learn from it. If one works and another doesn&#039t there is an issue of difference somewhere. Your job is to hunt it down. Best of luck.<BR>Lep