Thread: Log in...

Default Log in...

Does anyone know how to create a log in box? If so please help me. Also after my members log in I would like to be able to let them create there own websites on my WebServer. I would like there website to be so they only have to add text and there design would already be programed in, can anyone help me? Thanks

Default you keep asking this...

... and we keep telling you to go to www.aspin.com<BR><BR><BR>j

Default RE: Log in...

the Login box... Do you mean a form-based login or NT Authenticated login? To get an NT Authenticated login box, just point to a file or directory that doesn&#039;t allow for the IUSER_MachineName account. <BR>As for the Form-based login, it&#039;s easy: two textboxes. One for UserName, one for Password. Compare what they enter into the textbox with what you have in a database, textfile, what-have-you, and show them an error message if it&#039;s wrong, or move them onto where they should go. You might want to consider some sort of encryption scheme to secure your info if it&#039;s sensitive. Maybe even implement a secure connection.<BR><BR>Building a dynamic website... That&#039;s a tall order depending on how detailed you wish to make it. For a simple one-page website, just provide some textboxes so the user can enter info into, and put that info in a database or textfile (database is WAY better, in fact, don&#039;t do it with a textfile. That&#039;s just nasty) Next, you&#039;re going to have to have a single ASP page that loads the information from the appropriate field in the database (maybe get which webpage to load from what the user clicks on).<BR>It sounds like you&#039;re just a beginner ASP developer though, so this might seem a little complex. Check out the FAQS here, as they were a great source of info for me when I started. good luck!<BR><BR>~~Chaotix