Form question

Thread: Form question

Default Form question

Hi,<BR><BR>I developed a incident form for my company that my boss wants updated with added functionality. Its divided into four sections and he wants a add another button added to the last three sections. For example the second section asks the for name of people involved and the agency they belong to. He wants a add another button that would automatically insert two more lines for the user to add another person and so and so. I have no idea how to dynamically add another set of text boxes when you hit this button and I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. By the way would I have to divide these sections into multiple forms and when you do hit that add another button would the form resubmit to itself or go to another page and insert that and then redirect itself back to the previous page. Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>

Default Can't be done cross browser...

If you will be using *ONLY* MSIE 5 or 6 browsers, then it&#039;s not too tough.<BR><BR>You can use the ".innerHTML" property of most any HTML field (including &#060;DIV&#062; or &#060;FORM&#062;, for example) and add to that.<BR><BR>But if you need to be cross-browser, tell him to forget it. Best way then is to simply put room for 5 names on the form and ignore the blank ones when you process the form.<BR><BR>Not that this is all that bad a way in any case, in my opinion. But...<BR><BR>