Update Breadcrumbs in Frames

Thread: Update Breadcrumbs in Frames

Default Update Breadcrumbs in Frames

I am trying to update a "breadcrumb" page (these are in frames) in conjunction with updating the main page when a user enters data into a form. When they push the submit button, it is my goal is to have the "Header" frame be updated with the data the user has added (I use the rf("xxx")) to grab it, while that happen the "main" frame updates also.<BR><BR>I have tried to use an &#060;input type=button name=SUBMIT onClick=javascript:HandleChange();> per the example in 4Guys resources, but it doesn&#039t seem to work. I have the HandleChange as a separate &#060;script> not in the "&#060;%&#037;&#062;" region. <BR>

Default RE: Update Breadcrumbs in Frames

Do some testing. Use the following code:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><BR>function eventIsFiring()<BR>{<BR>alert("Event fired.");<BR>}<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT><BR><BR>Then, you can try the following:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT ONCLICK="eventIsFiring();"><BR><BR>Click the submit button.<BR>You can also use the FORM&#039s ONSUBMIT event.<BR><BR>&#060;FORM ... ONSUBMIT="eventIsFiring();"><BR><BR>Once you are sure that the event is firing, you can run your own function. If there is still problems, then the problem is with your code, not the event handling. Does this help at all? :)

Scott, thanks for the input, apparently, the OnSubmit needs to be int the FORM not in the button area. It won&#039t recognize it if it is in the &#060;input type=Submit Onclick="eventIsFiring();"). <BR><BR>Now, I&#039m getting a response with the alert, but I need to get variables sent, it doesn&#039t seem to pick up any of the variables. I tried getting my querystring vars and my request.form vars, to no avail...any suggestions?<BR>

Why don&#039t you post your code (if it&#039s not too long!)<BR><BR>One way to get your variables there, if they&#039re server-side variables like Request variables) is...<BR><BR>&#060;FORM ONSUBMIT="someFunction(&#060;%=Request.QueryString ("SomeNumericValue")&#037;&#062;,"&#060;%=Request. QueryString("SomeStringValue")&#037;&#062;");"><BR ><BR>Happy Programming!

Scott.<BR><BR>As it turns out when I passed the variable, it was an object. So in order to grab the variable, I passed the object then got the information by using the xxx.value<BR><BR>It worked. Thanks so much for your help.