Sorting Record Sets

Thread: Sorting Record Sets

Mahesh N Guest

Default Sorting Record Sets

HI,<BR><BR>I have built a record set dynamically in an ASP page, with data from multiple tables. Is there a way that I can sort this record set on a particular column..????<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Mahesh.<BR>

Richard's Guest

Default RE: Sorting Record Sets

Yep..Push the values into an array and sort it...In the mean while if I get any other ideas I will post it....<BR><BR>Happy Programming

Ouija Guest

Default Before you do that

I&#039m not sure what you mean by multiple tables, and I am not an expert, but are you aware of the ORDER BY command for SQL?<BR><BR>Here&#039s a quick example, which may or may not help. This just sorts it in a certain order:<BR><BR>SQL_query = "SELECT * FROM MyTable Order By MyNumber Desc"<BR><BR>The Desc (which is for descending) can be changed to Asc for ascending.

Richard's Guest

Default You can't do that....Before you do that

Hey...If the the data is from more than one table then the solution is only through arrays.. It it is from one table only then your sql statement is appropriate..<BR><BR>Happy Programming

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default RE: You can't do that....Before you do that

You can do ORDER BYs on JOINS and you can ORDER BY on UNIONs as well, so multiple tables are supported.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>Richard

Richard's Guest

Default RE: You can't do that....Before you do that

Hey..Thank you...I am sorry, I made a mistake.. I will remember that for the future..<BR><BR><BR><BR>Happy Programming