A word of advice please

Thread: A word of advice please

Default A word of advice please

I think that I need to store about 5 variables relating to user rights in session variables.<BR><BR>Would it be better to use 5 variables or to stick them in an array and put that into 1 session variable?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>Gaby

Default Not really any different

epends on what you feel most comfortable dealing with. if you like a bit of hardcore array combing then do that,(at least this will potentially keep your code cleaner!) else just set them as separate values.<BR><BR>Memory wise and performance wise i think it&#039;s pretty much negligable.<BR><BR>it also depends on what data you are using, sometimes it&#039;s easier to loop through an array to compare values than comparing separate values.<BR><BR>Your call! :)<BR><BR>Jonny Tooze

Default RE: A word of advice please

If those variables are tiny, and there aren&#039;t too too many users on the system, I would go with the 5 session variables instead of the slight headache with the arrays. I know Session variables can be evil,... just be careful with the data you put in.<BR><BR>-Vadim C.