Redirection Problem

Thread: Redirection Problem

Default Redirection Problem

Here&#039;s the scenario:<BR><BR>I have an intranet site, protected by a database driven login page. In this site I have a forum (/forum/). The problem I am having is when somebody posts to the forum an email is sent to the required people to notify them of the post. The email contains a link to the topic, i.e.<BR><BR>When the user clicks on this from their email, the site puts them back to the login page so that they can login and adds a querystring to the end, i.e. so that once they have logged in it will take them straight to where they requested.<BR><BR>The problem I am having is that the redirection isn&#039;t picking up the querystring properly, it redirects to:<BR><BR><BR><BR>it loses the "&topicid=3" part of the querystring!!<BR><BR>I have tried using Sever.URLEncode so that the login page querystring looks like:<BR><BR><BR><BR>but it still doesn&#039;t work, help?<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Redirection Problem

Try this:<BR><BR>Entire string: &#060;%= request.queryString("dest")%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Topi c ID: &#060;%= request.queryString("topicid")%&#062;<BR><BR>Have fun...<BR><BR>-Vadim C.