DATABASE LOCK PROBLEMS

Thread: DATABASE LOCK PROBLEMS

Marco Kooreman Guest

Default DATABASE LOCK PROBLEMS

I&#039ve got oer website hosted with a dutch WPP. There is an Access database on it with a System DSN. When the database is accessed a .ldb file appears in the database directory. This file however should disappear if database is closed. When I rum my website locally the .ldb file disappears after a few seconds but at the hosted site the .ldb stays on and I&#039m not able to do anything with my database until the WPP removes the .ldb file. Users of the site can however access the database without any problem. But every now and then I want to update the database.<BR><BR>Any ideas what could be the problem.<BR><BR>BR Marco Kooreman

Jean-Luc Guest

Default RE: DATABASE LOCK PROBLEMS

Hi Marco,<BR>I was facing the same problem just yesterday when I saw your message. Now it&#039s solved ! What I did was to revise ALL my accesses to the database and make sure that all recordsets that I was opening where openened "read only" when reading and close this way :<BR>myrecordet.close <BR>set myrecordet = nothing<BR>I also made sure that all the connections were also set to nothing. Since then no more .ldb hanging on the server,<BR><BR>Tell me if you find something else.<BR><BR>Jean-Luc