Can I use list box proerties with Request object as I can with form object???

Thread: Can I use list box proerties with Request object as I can with form object???

S.S. Gautam Guest

Default Can I use list box proerties with Request object as I can with form object???

I have built a list box(lstmonth) in a form(frmtest) and I am using the statement: <BR> msgbox frmtest.lstmonth(i).value <BR><BR>and it is working very fine before the form submission and after the form submission I want to do the same thing so can I use the following statement: <BR><BR>response.write request.form("lstmonth(2)").value or response.write request.form("lstmonth")(2).value <BR><BR>In nutshell what I want to ask is whether we can access the properties of say list box through request.form as we can do the same before form submission with formname.listboxname.property. <BR>Reply ASAP as I am stuck badly. <BR>Also try to give some explanation for the answer. <BR>Bye. <BR>

Stephen Fisher Guest

Default RE: Can I use list box proerties with Request object as I can with form object???

If it is a &#060;select multiple name=myname> (multiple select) than retrieving the value is<BR>response.write request.form("myname")(2)<BR><BR>You can also use a count and loop to write out multiple values<BR>If it is a single select than<BR>response.write request.form("myname")<BR><BR>This will take care of both cases<BR>If request.form("myname").count > 1 then<BR> for x = 1 to request.form("myname").count<BR> response.write request.form("myname")(x)<BR> next<BR>else<BR> response.write request.form("myname")<BR>end if<BR>