driving me insane

Thread: driving me insane

Default driving me insane

I had an simple form that inserted information to an Access database. It had worked for 2 months!! Now it doesn&#039;t, and i get this message:<BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>Operation must use an updateable query.<BR><BR>Please help - Thanks<BR>------------------------------------------------<BR>myfirstname = request.form("firstname") &#039;student name<BR>myclass = request.form("class") &#039;year of graduation<BR>&#039;Connection String<BR> connString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trainingdb.mdb")<BR>&#039;Instanti ate connection object<BR> Set connTemp=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<B R>&#039;Open connection object<BR> connTemp.Open connString<BR>&#039;SQL string to query database<BR> strSQL = "INSERT INTO mc(emp_nm, cls_nm) VALUES(&#039;" & myfirstname & "&#039;, " & myclass & ")"<BR>&#039;Execute SQL string<BR>&#039; Set rstemp=conntemp.Execute(strSQL)<BR> connTemp.Execute strSQL<BR>----------------------------------------------------

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Errors

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading right now.<BR><BR>Yes, this question *is* listed in the category mentioned above.<BR><BR>