Urgent: enabling an html form

Thread: Urgent: enabling an html form

Reshma Guest

Default Urgent: enabling an html form

Thank you for showing concern<BR><BR> I have an html form with two text inputs which should be disabled initially when i open that page & when i click on a hypertext the form should get enabled & control should go to the first text input in that form. <BR><BR>Is this possible. If so how do i go about it?<BR>thank you<BR>reshma<BR>

Default RE: Urgent: enabling an html form

I don&#039t know, but why not cheat and have no text fields on the first form, and then use the hyperlink to send the user to a new form with the text fields on it?

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: Urgent: enabling an html form

It needs some extra coding so i will tell the logic if you cant understan i will try to post the code<BR>1. Make the input box with read only value inside a IF statement<BR>2. The If statement checks for a ID or an value of an hidden variable.<BR>3. In the HyperLink call an Javascript function. in OnClick<BR>4. In the javascript add a value to that hidden varaible and submit the form.<BR>5. when the form submits the If statement in the Input tag will check fo that value and it will chnge from readonly to editable according to the If statements.<BR><BR>Hope this helps