Hi All! I&#039;m building a search page and I want to put a few dynamic drop down lists on my page. I can create the drop downs no problem, but I want each one to be optional - how can I add another dummy item so that if the user doesn&#039;t want to search using one of the drop downs, they can just leave it on the dummy item? Here is the code I use to populate the drop downs:<BR><BR>public void Populate_DropDown (DropDownList myDropDown, string myTextField)<BR> {<BR> ddSelectCommand.CommandText = "SELECT DISTINCT " + myTextField + " FROM Case_Archive";<BR> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader Reader;<BR> Reader = ddSelectCommand.ExecuteReader();<BR> myDropDown.DataSource = Reader;<BR> myDropDown.DataTextField = myTextField;<BR> myDropDown.Items.<BR> myDropDown.DataBind();<BR> Reader.Close();<BR> }<BR><BR> <BR>private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)<BR>{<BR> if (!IsPostBack)<BR> {<BR> ArchiveConnection.Open();<BR> Populate_DropDown (ddStatus, "Status");<BR> ArchiveConnection.Close();<BR> }<BR>}<BR><BR>Then I&#039;ll pass the value of the drop down to a query to pull the desired records - any ideas?