submit form

Thread: submit form

Default submit form

im working on a survey, my problem is this survey has a couple of pages and i dunno how i could pass that information i picked on question 1 all the way till i finished the survey, is there any article that anyone of you know regarding this, thanks

Default are you submitting the form from page to page??

if so, you can do a request.form("whatever") on the second page, which will pull in any input needed based on the name.<BR><BR>for example<BR>page 1:<BR>&#060;form action="page2.asp"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="test"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="submit" value="submit"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>page2:<BR>&#060;%<BR>var_test = request.form("test")<BR>%&#062;<BR>this will represent what was inputted on page 1 in the text box...

Default RE: submit form

You could pass it on as a session variable as follows: <BR>session("surveyques1")=Request.Form("Surevey_Q uestion1") <BR>and then use this session variable in any page you want to.<BR>You could also pass it on as a hidden form field as follows,<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="surveyque1" value="&#060;%=request.form("Survey_Question1")%&# 062;"&#062;<BR>This way you&#039;ll have to request this form field in the next page and then pass it on to the subsequent page till you reach the page you want to use it in.