problem inserting info into table's recordset

Thread: problem inserting info into table's recordset

Default problem inserting info into table's recordset

I get this error when i am trying to insert data into some of my fields in my database:<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bcd&#039; <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. <BR><BR>/websites/cornwall hill/forum/post_message.asp, line 254 <BR><BR>this is line 254 of the specified page:<BR><BR> objRSInsert.Update<BR><BR> &#039; Doesn&#039;t work with Access!<BR> &#039;objRSInsert.Fields("thread_id") = objRSInsert.Fields("message_id")<BR> &#039;objRSInsert.Update<BR> <BR> objRSInsert.Requery &#039; To be sure we have the message_id back from the DB.<BR><BR> objRSInsert.MoveFirst &#060;----LINE 256<BR><BR> iNewMessageId = objRSInsert.Fields("message_id")<BR> If thread_id = 0 Then<BR> objRSInsert.Fields("thread_id") = iNewMessageId<BR> objRSInsert.Update<BR> End If<BR><BR><BR>but the funny thing is that if i go to view the data it is visible . Although when I try to insert the data at another time it says that it has inserted the data into the recordset correctly but it does not show the change.<BR> So in other words only when I get the above error do i see the information change otherwise when it&#039;s succesfull I see no change. ????<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: problem inserting info into table's recor

Can you do it the normal way, i.e. an update query:<BR>strSQL = "UPDATE Table SET message=&#039;" etc...