I am having a problem using excel as a data source. <BR><BR>2 things really:<BR><BR> 1. In my example, the 1st sheet needs to be called sheet1 or id does not work. I would like to reference it with something static like "sheet(0)" or something to indicate the first page of the workbook.<BR><BR> 2. This works on my test server (NT4, IIS4) no problems, but on my prod site (Win 2K, IIS5) it gives an error: (everything the same except the location, file the same, etc .. this will likely go away if i solve problem 1 !)<BR><BR>The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object &#039;Sheet1$&#039;. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. <BR><BR><BR>Here is my connection string: (taken almost exactly from the microsoft kb )<BR><BR>fn="test.xls"<BR>Dim xlConn<BR>strFile = Server.MapPath("..Data") & fn<BR>Set xlConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>xlConn. Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"<BR>xlConn.ConnectionStri ng = "Data Source=" & strfile & ";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;"<BR>xlConn.Open<BR>Set rsxl=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>str Query = "SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]"<BR>rsxl.Open strQuery,xlConn,3,3<BR><BR>Appreciate any suggestions or help.<BR><BR>Thx,<BR>Mike.