pipes error

Thread: pipes error

Default pipes error

I&#039;m getting the following error in a database that has been working fine. Anyone know what I might be looking at. I just need to be pointed in the right direction, I can figure out the rest.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionRead (GetOverLappedResult()). <BR><BR><BR>Thanks

Default Whoosh! I dunno...

...how you fix this!<BR><BR>The connection from ASP, via ADODB.connection of course, to SQL Server can go via TCP/IP or Named Pipes or a handful of other ways. Generally, when the ASP engine and the SQL Server server process are on the same computer, named pipes produce better performance. So...<BR><BR>Obviously, in your situation, that&#039;s what is being used!<BR><BR>But as to why you get that error... No idea! It *sounds* like it is saying that ADO/ASP is issuing several requests ("overlapped results", which is a quite normal thing to do!) and that somehow the synchronization between ADO/ASP and SQL Server has broken down. But that is a real stab in the dark!<BR><BR>You *MIGHT* try using a different connection mechanism. Purposely set the DSN to use TCP/IP, for example, and see if that changes anything. But other than that... I dunno.<BR><BR>Maybe it is time to search the msdn knowledge base?<BR><BR>