Forms, passing variables, & Frames

Thread: Forms, passing variables, & Frames

Kevin Guest

Default Forms, passing variables, & Frames

I&#039m looking for a solution to what seems to be a simple problem. I&#039ve made a straightforward form (http://www.platinumpublishing.com/tests/application.htm). The Submit Form button sends the form to sendApp.asp, which displays the results of the form and uses cdonts to email the form. This opens in the center frame of the page. The Print Form button should pass the data to printapplication.asp, but in "_blank" window, since I need it to load in page without frames, since some older browsers don&#039t print framed pages well. I&#039ve gotten it to pass the data, but I can&#039t figure out for the life of me how to make that button make the page open in a blank page. I can get it to open in a blank page without passing data, or pass the data and open in the current frameset, but not both at the same time.<BR><BR>Please let me know if you can give me any hints. I&#039m not sure if the solution lies in asp or javascript. Thanks for the help.<BR>

Chris Willey Guest

Default RE: Forms, passing variables, & Frames

What method are you using to open a new window without passing data? That should be the easiest to troubleshoot.

Kevin Guest

Default RE: Forms, passing variables, & Frames

I was using javascript, which I know very little about. Someone else answered one of my various pleas for help. I appreciate your response. I&#039m sure I&#039ll be back here one day soon.