How to ......

Thread: How to ......

Default How to ......

I am trying to figure out how I can create a table in SQL 7.0 that I could use for user name & password & data access table so I can do the following ( someone told me that this is possible )<BR>I am trying to make a web database that would ask a user to enter user name & password, based on the user name and password it would let the user to a specific site for example:<BR><BR>user name: datamark<BR>password: testing<BR>start site:datamark.asp<BR><BR>user name: markdata<BR>password: testing2<BR>start site: markdata.asp<BR><BR>something like that.<BR>If you can hellp please let me know<BR><BR>

Default RE: How to ......

CREATE PROC validateUser<BR>@UserName varchar(50),<BR>@Password varchar(50)<BR><BR>AS<BR><BR>SELECT startStite FROM userTable WHERE username = @username AND [password] = @Password<BR><BR>ASP page:<BR><BR>SET rs= MyConnection.Execute ("validateUser &#039;" & Request("Username" & "&#039;,&#039;" & Request("pword") & "&#039;"<BR><BR>IF RS.EOF THEN<BR> &#039;wrong u/p combination<BR>ELSE<BR> Response.Redirect (rs(0))<BR>END IF<BR>