Declining unwanted Visitors to a Page

Thread: Declining unwanted Visitors to a Page

Default Declining unwanted Visitors to a Page

I want to allow view to a page only to visitors who arrive by clicking a specific hyperlink they received in their mail. All other users have to be redirected to another page.(Or should get some other response, but not the data on that page).<BR><BR>Viewers who have typed the address of this page in their browser should also be treated as unwanted.<BR><BR>Is there a way to achieve this? If yes please let me know.<BR><BR>This I think would go long way in ensuring security...if it is made possible.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Chris Willey Guest

Default RE: Declining unwanted Visitors to a Page

No matter how fancy you make the hyperlink in an email (like passing a complex code as a querystring), someone could just type it in and get the same results. The only way I can think of to do what you&#039re saying is to give the people you send an email to a username and/or password. Then they login when they get there.<BR><BR>If you&#039re not THAT concerned with security, make the hyperlink include some kind of code (flippantly referred to above) that validates them. Something like:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="mylink.asp?code=328947890423789043x2n2u282ru 208r2u80"><BR><BR>If they don&#039t pass that exact code, bump &#039em. Not a very secure method, to be sure, but an easy one.