DSN0-less Access Databse Connection

Thread: DSN0-less Access Databse Connection

Default DSN0-less Access Databse Connection

Hello everyone.<BR><BR>I just found this site, and I expect I&#039;ll be coming here often.. hehe.<BR><BR>I have been getting into ASP and Databases recently, and am working on trying to create my first online database just for practice. However, I am extremely confused as to how to code the connection to the database.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve seen a slew of different examples online, but (and maybe as a result of seeing so many) I am even more confused than I was originally as to how to code it.<BR><BR>For example, lets say I have an Access DB called "Test.mdb", and it&#039;s in the same directory as the code and ASP pages, what would be the code for me to connect to the DB so I can enter data? I don&#039;t plan on having passwords or anything like that... just a simple connection.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated immensely... thanks.<BR><BR>MCharves

Default RE: DSN0-less Access Databse Connection

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:folderfolderfile.mdb"<BR><BR>there&#039;s some info on connection strings at http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/