Strange Request: Concat Word Files

Thread: Strange Request: Concat Word Files

Jason Miller Guest

Default Strange Request: Concat Word Files

Got a screwy request from a user: Download multiple Word files into a single browser window all at once (ie: getting recipies for salad, chicken and chocolate chip cookies, such that they&#039ll just print all together).<BR><BR>I don&#039t think this is possible, but I&#039d love to be wrong (and thus increase user demand for product) if anybody knows of a way to do it.<BR><BR>thanks!<BR><BR>[PS: a pair of<BR> set saBin = saMgr.openBinaryFile(server.mapPath(fileX))<BR> response.binaryWrite saBin.readAll<BR>sets will only load the first file, as near as I can tell. ]

Default RE: Strange Request: Concat Word Files

I think this could be done using an array. The problem would be in the binarywrite. I thought I read here somewhere yesterday that the binary write would only work once on a page.<BR><BR>Example,<BR><BR>Store filename(s) in a single variable...<BR><BR>&#039 This will put it into an array<BR>Filename = Split(varaible, ",")<BR><BR>Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR><BR> &#039 Now use a For ... Next Loop to iterate throught the files.<BR>For x = 0 To UBound(FileName)<BR> Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(FileName(x))<BR> Response.Write objFile.ReadAll<BR> Response.Write "&#060;HR&#062;"<BR>Next<BR><BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jer ry<BR><BR><BR>