Thread: VBScript

Default VBScript

The following script is used to check whether the value of an input box is a date.<BR><BR>Called with: onBlur="chkDate(this.value,this.name)"<BR><BR>&#06 0;script language="VBScript"&#062;<BR>Function chkDate(val,name)<BR>if val = empty then<BR>Exit Function<BR>else<BR> if IsDate(val) then<BR> Exit Function<BR> else<BR> msgbox("Please Enter a Valid Date")<BR> form1.elements(name).focus()<BR> Exit Function<BR> end if<BR>end if<BR>End Function<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Could anyone help me to change this to JavaScript. This is because I am supporting netscape and IE, but my knowledge of javascript is limited.

Default Hmm....

I hate doing this. Maybe you should "learn" some JavaScript, considering you&#039;re supporting Netscape and IE.<BR><BR>Basically, if you ask us to convert everything, you&#039;re never going to learn. Try www.htmlgoodies.com, www.dynamicdrive.com, developer.netscape.com...<BR><BR>Someone may be kind enough to convert it for you... But I suggest you look at & bookmark those references...<BR><BR>Craig.