Hi,<BR>Note: Please reply as soon as possible<BR><BR>I am making a resume builder using ASP...<BR>1) The data filled up by the user in the resume is stored in the database(MS Access) on the machine ,say A.<BR>2) The web server is some other machine say B.<BR>3) For filling up the resume I am using the browser on machine A.<BR>4) After the data is submitted, a new page(down.asp) comes up with a download button on it.<BR>5) On the click of this button the data has to be downloaded to an excel sheet(using ASP only) and posted to another server.<BR>6) To include the out of process component(Excel) I am using the following code...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set oWebService = GetObject("IIS://localhost/W3SVC/1/Root")<BR>oWebService.Put "AspAllowOutOfProcComponents",True<BR>oWebService. SetInfo<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Microsoft is the name of the virtual directory on the web server.<BR>When run in the browser, this is giving the following syntax error :<BR><BR>error &#039 800401e4&#039 <BR>Invalid syntax <BR>/microsoft/down.asp, line 14 <BR><BR><BR>Below is the code for getting data in an Excel sheet...Don&#039t know whether this will work or not...As this piece of code I have downloaded from the net...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim xlWorkSheet<BR> Dim xlApplication <BR> Set xlApplication = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR> xApplication.Visible = False<BR> xlApplication.Workbooks.Add<BR> Set xlWorksheet = xlApplication.Worksheets(1)<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,1).Value = "Year"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 <BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,2).Value = "Region"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,2).Interior.ColorIndex = 5<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,3).Value = "Sales"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 5<BR> iRow = 2<BR> set objconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> strconn ="Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=\svisvanathc
builder1.mdb"<BR> objconn.Open strconn<BR> selectSql= "SELECT * FROM User INNER JOIN (Job INNER JOIN Education ON Job.Email = Education.Email) ON User.Email = Job.Email";<BR> <BR> set ors = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR> ors = objconn.Execute(selectSql)<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> If Not oRS.EOF Then<BR> Do Until oRS.EOF <BR> For i = 0 To oRS.fields.Count-1<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(iRow,i + 1).Value = oRS.fields(i)<BR> xlWorkSheet.Cells(iRow,i + 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 4<BR> Next<BR> iRow = iRow + 1<BR> oRS.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR> End If<BR> strFile = GenFileName()<BR> xlWorksheet.SaveAs Server.MapPath(".") & "\" & strFile & ".xls"<BR> xlApplication.Quit &#039 Close the Workbook<BR> Set xlWorksheet = Nothing<BR> Set xlApplication = Nothing<BR> Response.Write("Click &#060;A HRef=" & strFile & ".xls&#062;Here&#060;/A&#062; to Line 30: get XLS file") <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Any alternate solutions are also welcome.<BR><BR><BR>Regards...<BR>Niranjan<BR>nroy @netacross.com <BR><BR><BR>