Button disable question

Thread: Button disable question

Default Button disable question

I am developing a site that will allow people to effectively take a tour before joining, this will allow them to look around but not interact, the way I plan on doing this is to add a dummy member which will act as a guest member, so anybody who takes the tour will use this dummy members details, I then plan on using the unique id of this fictitious member to disable the buttons on message forms etc by replacing them with just images for example:<BR><BR><BR><BR> &#060;%<BR> If Session("MEMBERID") = 67 Then<BR> Response.Write"&#060;img src=""../images/sendnow.gif"" alt=""Button Disabled""&#062;"<BR> Else<BR> Response.Write"&#060;input type=""image"" src=""../images/sendnow.gif"" border=""0"" value=""Send Reply""&#062;"<BR> End If<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>My question is would this be effective or is there away round submitting the forms that people could use?

Default RE: Button disable question

If you just don&#039;t want forms to submit, don&#039;t give them an "action". If they have no where to go, the button will just push, but not do anything.