ODBC Drivers error ' 80004005'

Thread: ODBC Drivers error ' 80004005'

maria erb Guest

Default ODBC Drivers error ' 80004005'

whenever I try to run a .asp script that opens a database on our server I get this error message "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039" I have tried the script in both a DSN and DSNless format but I still get the same error message. We are running IIS 4.0 with NT 4.0. thanks for any help<BR><BR>Maria<BR>merb@keene.edu <BR>

Tony Cimorelli Guest

Default RE: ODBC Drivers error ' 80004005'

I found a way to kinda fix it but it will prompt you for a userid and a password to logon. Had that problem with MDAC 2.1 sp1a.<BR>Read the paper at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q189/4/08.asp<BR>Look at the 80004005 error.<BR>1. Open the MMC on the IIS 4.0 server.<BR>2. Edit properties page of the application. (Not the default web server - just the virtual directory where the asp lives).<BR>3. Under the Directory Security tab, edit "Anonymous Access and Authentication Control"<BR>4. Edit the "Account used for Anonymous Access".<BR>5. Clear the "Enable Automatic Password Synchronization" check box.<BR><BR>Sure - the application will now access the data source, but you will be prompted for a userid and password.<BR><BR>Anyone have a way around this without reconfiguring security on each directory?<BR><BR>anthony.cimorelli@occ.treas.gov< BR>