Replacing Javascript with XSL

Thread: Replacing Javascript with XSL

Default Replacing Javascript with XSL

Hello,<BR><BR>I have 2 drop down boxes which are populated with the values from the database. When I change the value of the 1st drop down box, the set of values in the 2nd drop down box should be changed without refreshing the page. I am doing it using the javascript processing. Can the same thing be done using XSL instead of Javascript. If yes, can anyone let me know how?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Hitesh

Default RE: Replacing Javascript with XSL

If I understand correctly, you want to replace the javascript that works this magic with XSL. You will still have to rely on a JavaScript page event such as the SELECT box&#039;s onChange event to trigger the change in the contents of the second box. What you can do is bring back an XML data island: &#060;XML&#062;xml data in here&#060;/XML&#062;. From there you could apply an XSL transformation (using a filter) and have just the nodes that you wish to display in memory in a new xml document. From there you can either bind the control directly to the new data island field (if you are in an IE only situation), or iterate through the new nodes in javascript and add them to the list box. What you are trying to do makes sense, but you may be making more work for yourself than necessary. I hope this helps.