Username and Password Popup Box

Thread: Username and Password Popup Box

KRS Guest

Default Username and Password Popup Box

We have a 3rd party Perl script that handles user authentication with<BR>the Username and Password Popup Box, but doesn&#039t check the username and<BR>password against the NT Security. It checks them against a database.<BR>How do I do this with ASP? I want to use that popup box instead of an<BR>html page for handling the logins, but I don&#039t want to create each user<BR>through the NT User Mangager. Any help out there?

Default RE: Username and Password Popup Box

Why not using IP authentication? For POPUP window, use JavaScript windows.open method. The explanation would be very long, feel free to contact me on stevang@mail.com

Default ... Addition

Here is an interesting artical about IP authentication:<BR><BR>http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/981104.htm

Vijaya Sankar.K Guest

To allow access to your web pages by authenticating using NT Security, you have to configure the access permissions for the source code of your ASP scripts and HTML files in NT.<BR>Create a general user group in the NT server. Add the user id&#039s that your want to give access in that group.<BR>Grant read and execute permission for this group for the directory in which you had placed the ASP and HTML files.<BR>Remove the permission for the account "everyone" or the other default account that you had configured in your IIS.<BR><BR>So when a client tries to access those ASP and HTML files, a standards popup window appears to provide a valid username and password. This username should be one that was included in that group. Now the account is validated with NT and access is provided.<BR><BR><BR>

Steve Marlowe Guest

I have been trying to do something like this too. Is there any other way besides opening a seperate browser window like was suggested. What about something similar to the MsgBox or InputBox VBScript functions?<BR><BR>steve