forwarding e-mails

Thread: forwarding e-mails

Default forwarding e-mails

Am pretty new to ASP so not sure if this is possible, but....<BR>want to be able to forward an e-mail from my inbox via a web page "forward e-mail" button without having to save the message into a local folder first. Need to be able to do this for .txt, .eml and .mime files. Any suggestions??

Default Not exactly....

You may be able to do it, but it would mean having the message as a file, and upload that message to the server.<BR><BR>You could probably interact with Outlook if you write a client-side ActiveX control. However, there are security issues with it. You would need to make your clients specifically download it. Which (personally) I wouldn&#039;t ever do.<BR><BR>If you&#039;re interested in this idea, you might want to look up how to interact with Outlook (/Outlook Express) through VB. You would then create the ActiveX component through VB, and embed it in your HTML page.<BR><BR>It would need a lot of work, but it&#039;s possible. I guess.<BR><BR>Craig.

Default RE: Not exactly....

There is a component called W3 Jmail which allows you to have pop access to your email. <BR><BR>you could retrieve the email with this and then forward it with the same mail compontent.<BR><BR>see for details.