ASP using Access Databases are causing asp to hang

Thread: ASP using Access Databases are causing asp to hang

Ryan Shapton Guest

Default ASP using Access Databases are causing asp to hang

When I access an asp in internet explorer 5.0 which displays database information and then try to access another asp after it, the browser has troubles finding the asp on the intranet and slows to a crawl. <BR><BR>I would be grateful if you had any ideas on a solution to my problem.<BR>Thank you for reading.<BR><BR>PS: Computer Statistics<BR><BR>Browser: Internet Explorer 5.0<BR><BR>Web Server: Personal Web Server 1.0 (loaded in from NT Services Pack 4.0)<BR><BR>PWS Components Installed: FrontPage 98 Server Extensions <BR> MS Data Access Components<BR> Transaction Server<BR> Visual InterDev RAD Remote Deployment_ Support<BR><BR>OS: Windows 98 <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

KPW Guest

Default RE: ASP using Access Databases are causing asp to hang

You will want to check out the following 4Guys article:<BR><BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/pwsbug.shtml<BR><BR>I had the same problem you are experiencing, and this article helped me fix it.<BR><BR>On a different note, since you are using Windows 98, why not install PWS4, which is included on the Win98 CD?