Register dll on remote server

Thread: Register dll on remote server

michel counotte Guest

Default Register dll on remote server

How do register an dll (component) at my hosting. I have the permission to execute programs... <BR><BR>Thanx

S. Ahsan Ashja Guest

Default RE: Register dll on remote server

First Upload the .dll file through FTP and then use TelNet to connect to the remote Server. then execute regsvr32 and register that dll.

If you want to do this on a remote server, you&#039ll need a remote administration program souch as Intel LANmanager, PCanywhere, Back Orifice or whatever.<BR><BR>1. Copy your DLL to your server. (i.e. to %SystemRoot%SYSTEM32<BR> MYDLL)<BR>2. Register the DLL with REGSVR32.EXE MyDLL.DLL (you can<BR> unregister the DLL with the -U cmdline parameter when you<BR> need to update your DLL - do not forget to do this before<BR> replacing the DLL!)<BR>3. Make a transaction package in MTS (Micro$oft Transaction<BR> Server) :<BR> Click the PLUS next to the server, right click on Packages<BR> Installed and choose New - Package.<BR>4. Type a nice name.<BR>5. Double click (or click the plus next to) the new package.<BR>6. Right click on Component; choose new - component.<BR>7. Choose &#039Component(s) that are already registered.<BR>8. You can now add your component by clicking it&#039s &#039friendly<BR> name&#039 (in other words: ProjectName.ClassName)<BR>9. Use the following ASP code to use your component:<BR><BR> &#060;!--SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBS--&#062;<BR> &#060;%<BR> dim MyComponent<BR> SET MyComponent = Server.CreateObject<BR> (ProjectName.ClassName)<BR> MyComponent.SubOrFunctionName parameter(s)<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR> You can use RESPONSE as an object in your DLL to write<BR> back pages from your DLL:<BR><BR> MyComponent.SubWriteTheForm response<BR><BR> The sub:<BR><BR> public sub SubWriteTheForm (Response as Object)<BR><BR> Response.write "Hello?"<BR><BR> end sub<BR><BR>if this does not work, please mail me for sum hyperlinxx about<BR>this (and other) ASP-subjects (SPAM CAUSEZ DEATH)<BR><BR>

Ian Stallings Guest

If all you have is execute access on the web directory and ftp<BR>than I don&#039t think it will work correctly. This is good though-<BR>If anyone could register a dll then we&#039d be in big trouble.<BR><BR>If this isn&#039t what you mean then elaborate on the question<BR><BR>hth,<BR>ian