Files in databases (but ENCRYPTED)

Thread: Files in databases (but ENCRYPTED)

Default Files in databases (but ENCRYPTED)

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a program that stores uploaded files in a database (in a binary field). Unfortunately, I am having problems trying to RC4 encrypt the uploaded file.<BR><BR>As the file is written to the DB field, I RC4 encrypt the binary stream and then stroe THAT in the field in SQL server. Unfortunately, I cannot decrypt the file at a later date.<BR><BR>Any ideas what I might be having this problem?<BR><BR>I can post code on request..<BR><BR>Cheers!

Default Yes the code might help ; )

Also, when you say you cannot decrypt the file what do you mean? Are you getting an error? <BR><BR>Did you write the program to do your own encryption? If yes, you know there are many components and programs already out there which do this for you.<BR><BR>Lastly, stupid question but why store the encrypted files in your database? Why not just store the files in a folder on your server? I&#039;m assuming you are using this for document management purpose, well you can always store the filename and location in your database table.<BR><BR>If I were you, I would re-think what I am trying to do here.<BR><BR>Good luck<BR>Pete