Cant create the FileSystemObject

Thread: Cant create the FileSystemObject

Default Cant create the FileSystemObject

I am trying to create the FileSystemObject using the following code:<BR><BR>dim objFSO<BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR><BR>The objFSO object never gets created. When I dump the errors in the err object I get the following:<BR><BR>ASP 0177~Server.CreateObject Failed<BR>70 Permission Denied<BR><BR><BR>The iuser_machinename account has read/write access to the scrrun.dll. Are there other permissions I need to set to create the FileSystemObject?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>

Default How come you have to dump...

...the ERR object? Have you got On Error Resume Next enabled? If so, get rid of it. Don&#039;t use it until you&#039;ve got your basic code working.<BR><BR>You *want* the errors to come up when they happen, so you can figure out what causes them.<BR><BR>In this case, it may well be that the line you are showing works fine but it&#039;s another line (e.g., objFSO.OpenTextFile) that gives the error [and that *also* involves a create-object call, under the covers!] because of other permissions.<BR><BR>Sorry, but I don&#039;t trust messages you get from the ERR object.<BR><BR>