Conn to a db

Thread: Conn to a db

Default Conn to a db

Hi All!<BR>I have already posted this message on the ASP Q & A Forum but without outcome. <BR>Please help me. It is the second time I try to solve this problem and I need to solve it now! So... <BR><BR>1. System: Win2K, IIS 5.0; Database: Access2000 <BR>2. Situation: Intranet <BR>2bis. I have access to the Server <BR>3. Problem: My ASP pages are able to open a db DSN connection only once and, when it try the second time, I get an error about the line where there is objConn.Open. The errors message is in Italian... <BR>4. It&#039;s curious that if I open and close the Data Source (ODBC) I gain another unique chance... <BR>5. The same files (same code and filenames)work perfectly on my personal system that runs win2k Professional and IIS 5.0 <BR><BR>Thanks for any tip! <BR>Daniele <BR><BR>P.S. the connection is standard:<BR><BR>Dim objConn <BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>bjConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=PX_db2000.dsn" <BR>objConn.Open <BR>Const adLockOptimistic = 3 <BR>Const adCmdTable = &H0002 <BR>DIM objRS <BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>Dim SQL <BR>SQL = "SELECT TblXYZ.* FROM TblXYZ" <BR>objRS.Open SQL, objConn

Default RE: Conn to a db

Why not do what I suggested it the Q&A forum, is it that hard to change to connectionstring????<BR><BR>