Newbie dealing with Errors that redirect

Thread: Newbie dealing with Errors that redirect

Default Newbie dealing with Errors that redirect

Hi guys,<BR><BR>after looking through my various books their are heaps of techniques for dealing with error messages. I&#039;m just wondering whats the best technique or method i&#039;ve seen:<BR><BR>"On error resume next" I assume this goes to the next bit of code<BR>"If Err then"<BR>"On error response.redirect"<BR>"On error response.write"<BR>"If error &#060;&#062;...."<BR><BR>I&#039;m just coding a page that pulls information from the database and if for some reason something goes wrong the last thing I want them to see is the standard microsoft error message. <BR><BR>There lets say i&#039;m doing a call like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>DIM RSR<BR>set rsr=server.createobject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>rsr. open "SELECT * FROM interviewquery where regid = &#039;" & request("regid") & "&#039; and uername = &#039;" & request("uername") & "&#039; and stage = &#039;" & "Invite" & "&#039; and dayid like &#039;" & request.form("dayid") & "&#039;", "dsn=test;server=test;database=test;user id=test password=test;"<BR>* I need an error redirect here *<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Now whats the best Error redirect that won&#039;t show the user a default error message if something goes wrong?<BR><BR>Cheers as always guys<BR><BR>James<BR><BR>

Default RE: Newbie dealing with Errors that redirect

Well, I think the best method is by using JScript, which has full try/catch error handling, but there you go.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>