Hello, I am computers science student.<BR>At the moment I am writing a project <BR>"some small WEB application (ASP) that should "Control User&#039;s Access to some WEB application on the LAN by they MAC numbers.<BR>To get the MAC numbers from computers I am using simple script<BR>from planet-source-code as you see this script use WSH to get the MAC number. Unfortunately I cant find in the www any articles or good tutorials (not code samples) about using WSH with ASP, and about access control with ASP (and not only) at LAN without using any Windows administrator options.<BR> Can you suggest me where I get some theoretical material for my project with no charge.<BR>Thank you,<BR>Listing 1.<BR>This the script to get the MAC number.<BR>strIP = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")<BR>strMac = GetMACAddress(strIP)<BR>strHost = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST")<BR><BR>func tion GetMACAddress(strIP)<BR><BR>Set net = Server.CreateObject("wscript.network") // objects for console<BR>Set sh = Server.CreateObject("wscript.shell") // objects for console<BR>sh.run "%comspec% /c nbtstat -A " & strIP & " &#062; C:Inetpubwwwrootsurveycensus\" & strIP & ".txt",0,true <BR>Set sh = nothing<BR>Set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")//object for file<BR>Set ts = fso.opentextfile("C:Inetpubwwwrootsurveycensus\" & strIP & ".txt")<BR>macaddress = null<BR>Do While Not ts.AtEndOfStream<BR>data = ucase(trim(ts.readline))<BR>if instr(data,"MAC ADDRESS") Then<BR>macaddress = trim(split(data,"=")(1)) //to take only the Mac address<BR>Exit Do<BR>End if<BR>loop<BR>ts.close<BR>Set ts = nothing<BR>fso.deletefile "C:Inetpubwwwrootsurveycensus\" & strIP & ".txt" //delete the txt file<BR>Set fso = nothing<BR>GetMACAddress = macaddress<BR>End function<BR><BR>