How to display CD/Song DB?

Thread: How to display CD/Song DB?

R. Moose Guest

Default How to display CD/Song DB?

I am trying to create a SONG/CD database. I have a table of songs, I have a table of CDs and I have a table of CDs and Songs.<BR><BR>I can display the song list and I can display the CD list.<BR><BR>What I want to do is to display a list that has the following format:<BR><BR>CD TITLE 1<BR> SONG 1<BR> ....<BR> SONG N<BR>CD TITLE 2<BR> SONG 1<BR> ...<BR> SONG Z<BR><BR>Now, in Access, I just do a report and don&#039t show the "CD Title" on each line. I have done this format since I don&#039t know how many songs will be in each CD (also there are more information fields for the CDs and the Songs) Can someone point me in the direction of something that will assist me in doing this via ASP?<BR><BR>I am also working on a Author/Book/Chapter Info DB that could use this same format.

Default RE: How to display CD/Song DB?

&nbsp;<BR>&#039initialize our variable<BR>if icounter=1 then<BR>Response.Write(cdtitle) &#039write your first title<BR>cdTitleTemp=cdtitle &#039cdtitle is from your database<BR>end if<BR><BR>&#039next compare temp to the current cdtitle. If not the same<BR>&#039you know you need to display the title and reset Temp. Remember<BR>&#039temp will not be reset until Temp and CDTitle are not equal, so <BR>&#039every time a new title appears<BR><BR>if cdTitleTemp&#060;&#062;cdtitle then<BR>Response.Write(cdtitle)<BR>cdTitleTemp=cdt itle<BR>end if<BR><BR>Good Luck.<BR><BR>Let me know if you have any problems.<BR><BR>Brandon<BR>