can people please confirm this

Thread: can people please confirm this

Default can people please confirm this

Hi,<BR><BR> Can some of you guys please confirm somthing. Can I access files on a server even if &#039;Web Sharing&#039; is off thru FSO. The reason I ask is: I&#039;ve created scripts to do some file management (delete files/folders, upload files, rename files/folders create a folder, etc..) on a &#039;web server&#039; (using FSO). Everything works great. Now I&#039;m wondering if it&#039;s possible to access another server (the &#039;file server&#039;) from the &#039;web server&#039; using ASP in the same manner? The file server does have IIS installed but no files or folders are &#039;web shared&#039;. Everthing I&#039;ve been reading about FSO says to &#039;make sure the proper &#039;web shares&#039; are on the folders/files which need accessing&#039;. Any input please. Really much appreciated.

Default NOPE. But you can...

question, is the file server and the webserver on the same network? if so, I believe you can share the folder normally (as in network share) and then you could write up you scripts so that they are executed by the WSH instead of the ASP.DLL and successfully access the files.