recordsets and ASP

Thread: recordsets and ASP

Default recordsets and ASP

I&#039;m having a little trouble with the recordsets in ASP pages. I am used to working with recordsets and forms, but I&#039;m not sure how to go about things in ASP. <BR><BR>I have a page with user information on it. The page uses a Session variable to get a recordset and load the values of the text boxes on a form. The user can change the items in the text boxes, and then hit the Update button. <BR><BR>When I update, I suppose I have these options <BR>1. Go to a processing ASP and open a recordset again, update it and return to the calling page. <BR><BR>2. Carry the original recordset to the processing ASP, etc. <BR><BR>3. Include the processing ASP in the first page, so when the user hits Update, it runs through the update code with the existing information. <BR><BR>I think I like (3) best, but how do you get a form on a page to call code internal to the page? I would want to use Request.Form to loop through the items. <BR><BR>Any ideas are most welcome! <BR><BR>

Default RE: recordsets and ASP

I&#039;m in favor of having most pages post to themselves and I believe this is what Microsoft settled on behind the scenes for ASP.NET.<BR><BR>When the page is first opened you can check to see if one of the buttons on the page had been clicked on:<BR><BR>If Response.Form("MyButton") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR><BR>And then you can do whatever processing you want to or perhaps do a Response.Redirect...<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR>Web Database Developer<BR>To help you put live data on the Web...<BR><BR><BR><BR>