Form input type "file" question

Thread: Form input type "file" question

Loc Guest

Default Form input type "file" question

I have a form which has an input of type "file" to allow the user to upload some image. I tried to set the value for the field, but it doesn&#039t display. How can I overcome this ?<BR>For example, my code looks something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;input TYPE="File" NAME="pic1" value="&#060;%Session("picname")%&#062;" SIZE="20" MAXLENGTH="200" tabindex="21"&#062;<BR><BR>Yet, when the page is served, the field is blank. Any ideas ?<BR>Thank you very much in advance.

Default RE: Form input type

I have the same problem in reverse<BR><BR>I want to get the field value after the form is submitted but it will not give it to me <BR>It is because of the ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" in the form tag. If you solve your problem please let me know the answer

Loc Guest

Default Help!!! - Form input type "File"

Steve,<BR><BR>I could get the field value of the input type FILE "posted" to the second page by retrieving it at the top of the second page by doing something like:<BR><BR>Session("pic1")=Request.Form("pic1")< BR>...<BR>if Session("pic1") &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> Response.Write Session("pic1")<BR><BR>My problem is: from the second page, if the user wants to edit the information, then they would click on the button to post the information back to the first page. At the top of the first page,<BR>I would retrieve the information, and set all form fields to the values of the retrieved information. This works for all form field input, except for input of type "FILE". <BR><BR>Can anyone out there help me ?<BR>Thanks.