Passing an array from ASP to Vbscript

Thread: Passing an array from ASP to Vbscript

Default Passing an array from ASP to Vbscript

I have an array which contains the values of a recordset.<BR><BR>I want to pass this array to a function which is called during the Onchange event of a dropdown box. But whenever the array is referenced in a function, it says array is empty.<BR>Is there any way we could pass an array?<BR><BR>------ Rough Code ----------<BR>&#060;SCRIPT ID=clientEventHandlersVBS LANGUAGE=vbscript&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR><BR>Sub FindDates(ByRef arrID)<BR> alert(arrID(0,1))<BR>End Sub<BR>--&#062;<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>Some HTML data<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR><BR>Dim arrCourse<BR><BR>&#039;-- Create connection,Cn and recordset, rsCourse --<BR><BR>Redim arrCourse(2,rsCourse.RecordCount-1)<BR><BR>&#039;------ Dropdown box -----------<BR><BR>Response.Write("&#060;SELECT style=&#039;WIDTH: 244px&#039; name=cboFirstCourse Onchange=&#039;FindDates arrCourse&#039;&#062;")<BR><BR>cnt=0<BR>Do while not rsCourse.eof <BR> cnt=rsCourse("CourseID")<BR> Response.write("&#060;OPTION value=" & cnt & "&#062;")<BR> Response.Write(rsCourse("CourseName"))<BR> rsCourse.movenext<BR>Loop <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Is it possible to reference the array in a different script of the same page?Any help would be appreciated.

Default RE: Passing an array from ASP to Vbscript

Sorry, I&#039;m just a bit confused as to where this array is, and why the &#060;select&#062; is not closed with a &#060;/select&#062; tag, probably is but if you want, send through the complete script to me @ and i&#039;ll take a peek and see if i can help.

Default If you want to use an ASP array...

on the client side you have to create it on the client side by generating the relevant client side script. Have a look at:<BR><BR>