Microsoft Access capabilities

Thread: Microsoft Access capabilities

Default Microsoft Access capabilities

Hi,<BR><BR>I am about to create some ASP scripting to handle a simple mailing list and create/edit/display database generated pages.<BR><BR>Can Microsoft Access handle this reasonably well ?<BR><BR>I wouldn&#039;t expect the web site to be in high demand, but I used to be told that Access would crash if there were 10 concurrent users accessing it ?<BR><BR>It would be Access 2000 running on Windows 2000 server.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Hal.

Default Don't know specific number...Not many...

I don&#039;t know how many concurrent users Access will support...But...It&#039;s not many...<BR><BR>If you think this site will have *any* traffic...Upgrade to SQL server if you have the money...If not, try MySql, its free and supposeldy pretty good...<BR><BR>KLC

Default KLC is right....

And Access was *never* intended to serve data for web applictions. Thatn said, however, if it&#039;s a lightly loaded site (No more than a few hundred thousand calls to the database per month) than Access will work just fine, as long as the vast majority of that is simply reading data. <BR><BR>More than that, or if you need a lot of interatction with the database, then you really need to upgrade to one of KLCs&#039; suggestions.