Kindly Help Pls

Thread: Kindly Help Pls

Nath Guest

Default Kindly Help Pls

I am using ASP with SQL server backend and I have some Users for a database.<BR><BR>I am using the following lines of code to check the UserID and Password.<BR><BR>&#060;% set cn=server.createobject("ADODB.connection")<BR> "driver={SQL server};SERVER=MyServer;uid=browser;pwd=sie;DATABA SE=ASPBOOK"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>If a wrong UserID tries to log-on to the system an SQL Server error occurs and I have handled the error in my Error handling routine. So far so good.<BR><BR>Now I have some roles for each user assinged on SQL Server(like db_datareader, db_backupoperator).<BR>In the connection string in the above lines of code, can I pass even the Roles also or if a user<BR>has a role = db_denydatareader (assinged in SQL Server), will the error occurs automatically. <BR><BR>How do we pass the roles in ASP or is it not necessary at all.<BR><BR>Kindly someone give me some ideas.<BR>Thank You<BR>Nath

Manoj Guest

Default RE: Kindly Help Pls

I am not very clear with your ROLE issue. But if you want to do certain things based on a user_id , it best to implement at the db level.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Manoj

Default RE: Kindly Help Pls

I don&#039t think you are supposed to manage roles at this level.<BR><BR>I think the idea is that you would open your connection with a different uid / pwd and map the users to roles.<BR><BR>Sorry if it doesn&#039t help<BR><BR>