OLE DB error on local IIS

Thread: OLE DB error on local IIS

Default OLE DB error on local IIS

I recently installed the IIS 5.0 on my window 2000 machine. It seems working just fine. <BR>I copied an ASP application from a production box to my local <BR>machine, and tried to run it on the local IIS. An error message occurred as follow:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80004005)<BR>ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name <BR>/gang/GangSearch_vehicle.asp, line 4<BR><BR><BR>There is a ADODB connection to an ORACLE database in the ASP<BR>program. It works on the production box, but not on my local<BR>machine. I checked my local tnsnames.ora, it looks ok.<BR>Does anyone have the same problem too? <BR>

Default RE: OLE DB error on local IIS

I&#039;d say that the problem is that you do not have the Oracle driver on your machine.<BR>To check/compare with your other machine go to admin tools- ODBC...<BR><BR>Here is a link to Oracle download page<BR>http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html<BR>There it has something called ODBC drivers. It requires username/password to enter but I bet that you as clients have them.<BR>