I am not able to write to the Access database, though I can read from it. The error is as shown below :- <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>I suspect it&#039;s permissions.<BR>I have read the FAQ(faqid=17)on it but I am still having problems. Could someone give me a step by step guide as to how I can check the various directories/database permissions and what it should be set to?.<BR><BR>Could this be caused by the way the directory is structured.<BR><BR>The database is in <BR>C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/Company/database<BR>The script is in <BR>C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/Company/website/front_end<BR><BR>The url is pointing to the &#039;website&#039; directory. I was told that for security reasons the database must not be held in the web directory, hence the directory setup.<BR><BR>Also when the problem is fixed and I ftp the whole site to my host server will it still work?<BR>