Interaction between vb program and asp?

Thread: Interaction between vb program and asp?

Default Interaction between vb program and asp?

Hi<BR><BR>I have a program that I made in vb. I would like it to, periodicly choose a certain picture from it&#039;s list of pictures and have that picture displayed on a page automaticly. So basicly, a user is sitting on a page, and the image that I have choosen choses up at a spot on the screen. A little later, I choose another picture and that one replaces the original one. I am more a vb programmer then an asp programmer so I am not very adept at asp but I was told that this could be done. Does anyone know how?<BR><BR>I would appreciate any thoughts.<BR><BR>Thank you very much!<BR>Marc

Default If you mean...

...while a user is connected to your site you want the picture to change, then no way.<BR><BR>You can&#039;t PUSH new data through an HTTP link, because once the HTML page is sent to the client, the link disappears. It&#039;s gone. Neither the browser nor the web server "remember" who they were just talking to! Much less any of the data that they exchanged. <BR><BR>There *is* a way to make this happen: You have the *BROWSER* periodically *ask* for a new picture. Or just for the latest picture. But the timed event to ask for the reload *must* happen in the browser.<BR><BR>As for deciding *which* picture to give to the browser...Yes, you can write that in VB code. But since it would take about 2 to 4 lines of VBScript code in ASP, why would you bother?<BR><BR>