Forms question...

Thread: Forms question...

David Highlander Guest

Default Forms question...

Ok this is REALLY getting to me.<BR><BR>Remember WAAAAY back when you guys first learned HTML. Think really hard. :-) You know how ecstatic you were when you got a simple HTML Form to send you email from a web page. <BR><BR>Ok, In using ASP all I have seen is people using forms to change edit/delete a database. I do not see anyone showing you how to use a form to send email from a webpage. <BR><BR>In other words I just want to write a simple form that when you hit send it sends me an email of all the things that was filled out in the form. Now in ASP I am assuming all of this has to go into a DB first?<BR><BR>I am SOOOOO Confused could someone please point me in the right direction?<BR>

alf Guest

Default RE: Forms question...

Use CDONTS......the SMTP mailer that comes with the NT Option Pack 4. Set emailObj = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>email Obj.Subject = Request.Form("WhatEver")<BR>emailObj.To = ""<BR>emailObj.From = ""<BR>emailObj.Send<BR><BR>you can build what you want to the message to say be using the Request.Form() calls and creating a string which represents your message. Is this what you wanted??????????<BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default RE: Forms question...

Yea pretty much, even though you kind of lost me there. HA! I am knew at this by the way. I will see if I can find some CDONTS tutorials to help me figure this out.